High quality glass filter media. Can filter as small as 1 micron up to 97.28%, filtering efficiency 40 times more than sand, can filter heavy metals. AFM® Activated Filter Media is a direct replacement for sand, doubling the performance of sand filters without the need of additional investments in infrastructure. AFM® resists biofouling, biocoagulation and transient wormhole channeling of unfiltered water and outlasts all other filter media. Long service life up to 15 years. Filtration efficiency 1 micron. Reduces chlorine consumption
AFM® Activated Filter Media is a highly engineered product manufactured from a specific glass type, processed to obtain the optimum particle size and shape. It is then exposed to a 3-step activation process to become self-sterilising and to acquire superior adsorption properties. During activation, the structure and the chemistry of the glass are modified.
- AFM® Activated Filter Media can be used as a replacement for sand filters in any sand filter system.
- AFM® uses only 15% of the amount used for sand filters.
For example, if your conventional water tank requires 1000 kg of sand, then only 1000 x 0.85 = 850 kg of AFM® filter will be required.
AFM® (Activated Filter Media) : High quality glass filter
- Filtering water safe and clean > No bacteria, Safe and Drinkable
- Swimming pool sparkling clear no chlorine and mosses > clean swimming pool and reduce chlorine consumption
- BOC COD reduces Colors, Odors and Great for filtering heavy metals > waste water treatment economical and service life lasts long
AFM® is the most effective filter media. The data confirms that AFM® 1ng can filter out 96.02% of all 5-micron particles when compared to sand filters only 72.97%.
- Special glass filter media can filter heavy metals such as iron, manganese, chromium, phosphate, arsenic, etc.
- Reduce COD, BOD, Color, Turbidity
- Filtration efficiency up to 1 micron (0.001 mm)
- Filters up to 0.1 micron when used with APF® and ZPM.
- Reduces chlorine consumption by 50%
- Reduce the amount of waste water from cleaning filters by more than 50%
- Long service life up to 15 years
- See results quickly worth the investment
4 Key advantages that make AFM® water filters better than other types of filters
- AFM® is patented
Based on 35 years of research and development, AFM® is made from pure glass material. With 3 special methods, the surface of the filter substance has a high negative charge and enlarged the surface area of the AFM® filter up to 300 times and can also be disinfected by itself without having to rely on chemicals as well
- 100% bacteria resistant water filter
AFM® is the only filter today that can prevent
Bacterial growth occurs on the filter media. Unlike other types that tend to ferment pathogens.
This results in cleaner, better quality and healthier water.
- The most thorough filtration as far as it comes in the filter media system
with a filtration rate that can support filtration at 4 microns
AFM® can filter more finely than sand and other filters and also help to reduce the use of chlorine than usual.
- Worth the investment
Many people may think that AFM® is expensive, but with the ability that it has paid for such as
Helps to conserve resources such as water, chlorine
– Filtering is more efficient and shorter filtering time
– Takes less time for backwashes.
– The important thing is that it has a much longer service life than sand. Normally, sand filters should be replaced every 1-2 years, but AFM® filters last at least 15 years! Investing in AFM® filters is worth more than sand! Replacement for sand
- AFM® is patented
Additionally, AFM® can be used with existing sand filter systems immediately by simply replacing the filter.