Provided drinking water treatment to Herreruela and Carcaboso in Spain.
Company Name : Herreruela & Carcaboso
Year : 2001 – 2012
Title : Provided drinking water treatment system to Herreruela and Carcaboso in Spain.
Goal: Reduce arsenic and iron levels in the water.
Capacity : Herreruela 200 cubic meters/day
Carcaboso : 400 cubic meters/day
Water source for treatment: water pipes in tunnels
In drinking water, the content of arsenic and steel exceeds drinking water standards.
The process of operation is as follows:
- Aeration and oxidation (30-60 min blocking time) by using a diffuser to blow out the VOC and increase the redox chance to >100 mv.
- Max flow into the aeration tank to raise the pH level to 0 – 8.3.
- APF® Flocculant in the aeration tank
- Filter the water with the AFM® glass filter.
- Add chlorine to the water
Result Herreruela :
|Turbidity (NTU)||< 1||5||< 0.5|
|Arsenic (mcg/L)||< 10||45||< 10|
|Iron (mg/L)||< 0.2||4.48||< 0.14|
Before water treatment, iron value = 4,484 iron (mg/L)
After water treatment, iron value = 139 (mg/L)
Result Carcaboso :
|Turbidity (NTU)||< 1||5||< 0.3|
|Arsenic (mcg/L)||< 10||11||< 3|
|Iron (mg/L)||< 0.2||2.3||< 0.12|