Reduce turbidity, suspended solids and organic matter in water
Case Study: SAMYANG, SOUTH KOREA. River water is filtered for use as coolant in the system. Use AFM® to reduce turbidity, suspended solids and organic matter.
Company name : Samyang
Location: South Korea
Year : 2012
Title : River water filter for coolant tank
Target : Turbidity, Suspended Solids and Organic Reduction
Capacity: 180 cubic meters/hour, 3 tanks
Water source for treatment: surface water
- Shortage of good water resources
- River water contains organic colloids.
- Cooling water tanks are treated with high concentrations of biocide to reduce the accumulation of microorganisms, plants, algae or animals on wet surfaces.
- The coolant tank is treated with high concentrations of chlorine to reduce the number of bacteria.
- River water is filtered with AFM® No. 1 and No. 0 and then transferred as coolant to the 3 coolant tanks.
- Therefore, biocide and chlorine supply levels are significantly reduced in all coolant tanks.
- The levels of colloids and suspensions were significantly lower than those below the permissible values.
|Turbidity (NTU)||< 5||< 10||< 0.5|
|Ammonia Nitrogen (PPM)||–||< 3||< 1|
|Microbial content determination (CFU/ml)||< 1,000||< 10,000||< 100|
|Aqueous suspension (PPM)||< 2||< 12||< 0.2|
|CODT (PPM)||–||< 30||< 1|